Friday 28 June 2013

June 27th call with Roger And this week's updates

This week I've been upto creating a module and making it deployable using the maven archetype.Well that may sound pretty simple, actually it is. The maven archetype is like a wizard for creating the openmrs module and that's great, as we dont need to spend much time on learning how to create a module and stuff, which might usually take a lot of time. But still there are a few things a developer has to know to create his own module such as the required tag in config file, dependencies in pom.xml , the manage controller, the activator class etc.

Then i went into some digging on the reporting module as it would be of key importance in our module. I've been trying to debug the module and understand the workflow so that i can incorporate it in our module.

Now, coming to our call, Roger corrected me in the flow i was going to follow and gave me pointers which made me understand how it is to be done. Then he gave me guidance over the module's progress and what he is expecting.

I would shortly upload my code on github, then Roger and others can see the state of the project and can analyze the code and provide their valuable suggestions. Hopefully this module's 1.0 version would be usable by the end of the summer :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment